Saturday, November 20, 2010

MLS: Masters in Leadership Studies

After many years of studying leadership in an informal manner, I decided to make is worth its weight in gold by applying it towards a degree. The University of Texas at El Paso is where I am currently attending while serving in the US Army at Fort Bliss. In the Army I attended Warrior Leaders Course and was soon after promoted to Corporal which is the position of a Non Commissioned Officer. I am putting together a packet for OCS or Officer Candidate School to further my leadership education in the military and eventually earn my commission.

So, far in just a few short months of attending the MLS program (Masters in Leadership Studies), I have read some outstanding books. A few of my favorites include: The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell, Level Three Leadership, and Servant Leadership. The curriculum is challenging so I like that about it. Remember to always stay focused on the end goal and write down things you want to accomplish as it triggers it into your subconscious.

No comments: